Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Tuna Salad home....sort of.


     If you read my previous post about Spera’s seafood salad, you would have read that Christine got a tuna sandwich that was actually two sandwiches. Since there was no way she would finish both of the sandwiches, she said I could have the other for lunch. Upon inspection, I noticed that it was tuna salad and not just tuna. Some places just serve scoops of tuna right out of the can. Spera’s took the time to spice up the tuna with red onion and celery. I’m not sure where they get their tuna but like most places it has been mixed with mayo and looks like a spread more than pieces of tuna. I removed the bread because it got soggy and just transplanted the tuna salad, cheese, onions, and lettuce onto new white sandwich bread that I had at home.
     Unfortunately the blandness carried over from my seafood salad to this tuna salad. Despite the additions to make the tuna into tuna salad and the toppings of American cheese, onions, tomatoes, and lettuce, there was very little flavor. I almost thought of doing a second review but since I took the fillings from the marble rye they originally sat between and put it on regular white bread, I didn’t think that would be fair. But, no bread was going to save this wet and flavorless sandwich. The tuna wasn’t properly drained which made the new sandwich bread semi-soggy. Like I said in the previous post, go to Spera’s for meat not for fish.
***Check out my Dan in the Kitchen blog because I’m bound to put my tuna salad recipe on there some time.***

No comments:

Post a Comment