Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Syracuse Sandwich: Liberty Deli's Egg Salad

Who: Liberty Deli What: Egg Salad
Where: Irving Avenue, Syracuse Phone: 476-8214 Website: None
Parking: Shared Lots Accepts Credit Cards: Yes Take-Out: Yes Delivery: No
     After attending some company training at one of our downtown branches, I decided on my way back to work to stop by one of my favorite places to grab lunch. I used to work near Irving avenue but have since been transferred out to Cicero so I don't get many opportunities to eat anything from places in the city. I had packed most of my lunch but needed a "main" item to go along with my fruit snacks, cookie, and chips. I've had a hankering for an egg salad sandwich for a while now but haven't gotten one due to the over use of mayo that most places use. I checked out their egg salad in the deli case and it was bright yellow and not very soupy as the over use of mayo tends to make most salad type sandwiches. I decided egg salad on white with lettuce was the way to go.
     Harrison Bakery supplies Liberty Deli with their bread and while I normally like Harrison Bakery's bread, the crust was a bit too tough on this occasion. The crumb was nice and fluffy like I remembered, and went perfect with the egg salad. I add lettuce to my salad sandwiches for a little crunch but I could have gone without it; seeing as Liberty Deli puts chopped celery in their egg salad, a practice I use as well. The egg salad was the perfect mixture of egg, mayo, and celery. A few extra dashes of salt and pepper go great with any salad sandwich and I felt this sandwich needed them as well. For a decent size sandwich, $2.80 is an absolute steal.
Rating: Tasty - Libery follows the K.I.S.S. method and it really works for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment