Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Syracuse Sandwich: Barbagallo's Breakfast Sandwich

Who: Barbagallo's What: Breakfast  Sandwich
Where: Molloy Road, East Syracuse Phone
 437-7715 WebsiteBarbagallo's
Parking: Yes Accepts Credit Cards: Yes Take-Out: Yes Delivery: No
     August was national sandwich month and oddly enough I didn’t do much sandwich eating. That explains why there hasn’t been a review in over a month. I did have a beef on weck sandwich at Hafner’s but I already reviewed that, it was awesome by the way. I think I made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich but there wasn’t anything special about that. There was a breakfast sandwich that a coworker picked up for me but for whatever reason I didn’t review it. That is, until now. The coworker in question gets a breakfast sandwich at the gas station they drive by every so often. Sounds gross right? A breakfast sandwich from a gas station, how could that possibly be any good? Well, let me explain. The sandwiches are actually made in Barbagallo’s restaurant and brought over to the gas station. The gas station is owned by the family who runs Barbagallo’s. I really wanted to try one and finally got the chance a few weeks ago. The sandwiches are made on large bagels with American cheese, fried egg, and varying meats. I wanted ham on mine but they didn’t have any so they got me bacon. It wasn’t a huge deal because bacon is always a good choice.
     The picture I took doesn’t really do justice the size or show the fillings off well so I’ll try and be descriptive as possible to make up for it. The bagel had the width of a softball and was, as you can see, somewhat charred in a few spots. It was toasted evenly on the inside unlike most places where it is still white but kind of hard. White American cheese was melted over what had to be two extra large fried eggs. The yolk was cooked entirely through which isn’t how I make them at home but it did keep from making a mess. Some salt and pepper could have brought the familiar flavor of homemade fried eggs that I’m used to eating. The bacon was definitely the star of the show. Two thick slices of thick juicy bacon were split in half and layered evenly along one of the bagel halves. The greasy saltiness of the bacon reminded me that I shouldn’t eat too many of these, but one every once in a while won’t hurt.
Rating: Tasty - It was very filling and I will order one again

No comments:

Post a Comment