Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Syracuse Sandwich: Kim's Cicero Diner's Breakfast Sandwich


Who: Kim’s Cicero Diner What: Breakfast Sandwich
Where: Route 11, Cicero Phone: 
698-1805‎ Website: None
Parking: Shared Lots Accepts Credit Cards: No Take-Out: Yes Delivery: No
     We had never been to Kim’s Cicero Diner before this past Sunday because they are cash only and we don’t carry cash with us very often. There is an ATM inside, but working for a financial institution has taught me it is stupid to pay to take out your money. It seems like everyone should know this but most people will eat the $2-$5 charges. Anyways…we got there a few minutes past 10 and it was pretty busy. There were no open tables but there was plenty of room at the counter so we decided to sit there. If you drive by it looks like it would be small inside but the building is very deep and widens as it goes back. Our waitress gave us our menus and brought drinks as soon as we sat down. Christine got the Mexican omelet special which tasted very good, spicy, but good. I ordered the breakfast sandwich with bacon and cheese.
     Their breakfast sandwiches come on toast or a hard roll; I didn’t specify when I ordered so it came on a large hard roll which was fine. Three slices of crispy bacon topped what seemed to be a three egg omelet with American cheese melted on top. Like I said before in the McDonald’s review I don’t really like the scrambled egg patty type thing but this was different. Fresh eggs made omelet style, folded, and put on a roll is a lot better than what McDonald’s does. As you can see it was quite large but I was able to put it down along with a side of home fries. My only complaint was that I had to add a sprinkle of salt and pepper after a few bites because the egg was kind of plain tasting. Overall, I think Kim’s could be our new breakfast spot; I just need to remember to have cash on me.
Rating: Tasty – A fried egg would have been better but I won’t complain.

1 comment:

  1. they are the best in town and you can order fried eggs.

    ReplyDelete