Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Syracuse Sandwich: Cracker Barrel's Chicken Biscuit Sandwich

Who: Cracker Barrel What: Chicken Biscuit Sandwich
Where: Pardee Road, Cicero Phone: 698-4311 Website: Cracker Barrel
Parking: Yes Accepts Credit Cards: Yes Take-Out: Yes Delivery: No
     Cracker Barrel is one of our favorite places to eat breakfast because we can have it at any time of day. We had breakfast there on Sunday, during breakfast time, at approximately 9:30 in the morning. Despite an almost full parking lot in the front of the restaurant, we were able to walk up the hostess station and were seated immediately. Christine ordered the country fried steak which is so big that I ended up eating the other half on Monday morning. I was going to get the same so it wasn’t my intention of getting a sandwich; but upon looking at the specials I decided to try one of their new entrees that had two. Along with two eggs, toast, and hash brown casserole, I received two fried chicken tenderloin sandwiches on Cracker Barrel’s famous biscuits. Whenever you order anything that has biscuits, you will get a bowl of their country gravy. I believe that you could put their gravy on a shoe and it would taste good, but I digress. Our food came out promptly and just by the look of it, it made me excited to try this southern comfort food favorite.
     I started by eating my hash brown casserole, which is a must have whenever we go. I ate some of my eggs with knife and fork before turning the rest into a simple breakfast sandwich by putting the egg between two slices of toast. I saved the sandwiches for last so I could savor their flavors alone instead of mixing them with the rest of my meal. I ate the first one all by itself, just chicken tenderloin in a biscuit. The biscuits are by far the best that you’ll find anywhere around Syracuse. They are warm and buttery with a hint of saltiness that puts them above any I’ve ever had. The chicken tenderloin was a good size for the biscuit, sticking out of either end. The breading had a slight pepper taste that reminds me of southern fried chicken; I’m not talking KFC either. For the second sandwich I went a little bit different by slathering it with the country gravy. It’s a sin to waste country gravy for those of you who didn’t know. The gravy added another level of pepper flavor that goes so well with the saltiness in the biscuit. When I thought about what I was eating, it reminded me of McDonald’s McGriddle sandwiches because it combined two different entrees into sandwich form. Where as a McGriddle combines pancakes with bacon and eggs, I was eating southern fried chicken paired with biscuits and gravy. It was truly a match made in food heaven.
Rating: Tasty – It took some extra steps but I made a delicious sandwich, perhaps an email is in order to Cracker Barrel’s HQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment