Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Syracuse Sandwich: Vince's Gormet Imports's The Italian

Who: Vince's Gormet Imports What: The Italian
Where: Route 11, North Syracuse Phone: 452-1000
Website: Vince's Gormet Imports Parking: Yes
Credit Cards: Yes Take-Out: Yes Delivery: No

     The day started off at Denny's and this review was almost going to be for their Moon Over My Hammy breakfast sandwich. However, I knew spending the day with my dad that we would possibly end up at Brooklyn Pickle. Which I believe is the mecca of deli sandwiches in Syracuse. We never ventured into the city but we did hit up a handful of stores and I made some great purchases that included: painter's masks, shower loofahs, and a mini garbage can for my kitchen counter. While none of that has anything to do with my sandwich, all of that power shopping made us hungry so we hit up Vince's Gormet Imports for some subs. I love Vince's and really need to start doing some serious shopping there with all the pasta that I eat. If you have never been you must go because they have some of the best meats, olives, homemade pastas, and premade dinners. Their subs aren't bad either which brings me to The Italian.


     The Italian is provolone, salami, capicollo, and mayo with italian dressing on a standard sub roll. The usual shredded lettuce and tomato slices were present as well. I'm not sure where Vince's gets their bread but I didn't think it was all that great. The crust was a bit too crunchy while the crumb wasn't as airy as a sub roll should be. The meats and cheese that filled the sub more than made up for the lackluster bread. As expected the meats and cheese are imported from Italy and couldn't have been better. I love Boar's Head brand but when it comes to Italian meats, they should let the pros do what they've been doing for hundreds of years. The tomatoes, although not fresh, were much better than I have had at other places as of late which suprised me. They didn't look like beefsteak tomatoes which is probably why they weren't grainy tasting. If the bread had been better this sub could have been a go to sandwich, especially for the $3.99 price tag.
Rating: Satisfying - Change the bread and we'll talk

No comments:

Post a Comment