Monday, June 7, 2010

Syracuse Sandwich: Spera's Turkey Sub

Who: Spera's What: Turkey Sub
Where: Route 31, Cicero Phone: 699-4422‎ Website: Spera's
Parking: Yes Accepts Credit Cards: Yes Take-Out: Yes Delivery: No

     I decided to give Spera’s another shot last week and I knew I could do so because my coworkers go there a few times a week. I could have just as easily went myself but when I overheard one of them saying they wanted their usual, turkey with cheese, lettuce, tomato, and mayo, I just ordered the same. When you order a full sub at Spera’s, you get two 8 inch subs so I only had to pay $3. Even if it wasn’t a good sub, $3 is an absolute steal for an 8 inch sub. When my coworker got back, I couldn’t believe the size of the sub bread nor the amount of meat they stuffed in there. There was Boar’s Head turkey and provolone with shredded lettuce, mayo, and tomato slices.
     The rolls they use for their subs are baked in house and they are very airy and light. The produce was fresh and most of it in the store, in not all of it, comes from local farms. The tomatoes were ripe and juicy and didn’t have the grainy taste you might get from tomatoes at commercial places. The lettuce was freshly shredded and washed. The girl who made the sandwich went a little bit crazy with the mayo. She spread it on the inside of the roll and not to the outer edges so I got a few bites of mostly mayo, not optimal but who doesn’t like mayo? The provolone was sharp and milky with a saltiness that went well with the turkey. The turkey was moist and thinly sliced. It looked like I had between a quarter and a half a pound stuffed inside the bread. Overall, this was a very tasty sub that I will be ordering again.
Rating: Tasty – Spera’s totally redeemed itself and I can’t wait to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment