Thursday, January 6, 2011

Syracuse Sandwich: Stella's Ham Steak Breakfast Sandwich

Who: Stella's What: Ham Steak Breakfast Sandwich
Where: Wolf Street, Syracuse Phone: 
425-0353 Website: Stella's
Parking: Yes Accepts Credit Cards: Yes Take-Out: Yes Delivery: No     
     Christine and I both had Veterans’ Day off so we decided to do some shopping, but before that we had to eat so we head to Stella’s. As we pulled up we could see other people had the same idea as the parking lot was overflowing into the street. You don’t wait long for a table even if there are a ton of people ahead of you because Stella’s has a lot of seating and they get the food out quick. Despite the crowed parking lot, there were only four parties ahead of us so we were seated quickly. I wasn’t in the mood for anything heavy like pancakes or French toast so I was thinking eggs until I saw the specials menu. For $5.89 they had a ham steak, cheese, and egg sandwich with a side of home fries. I love ham steak so I took the chance and ordered it. Christine ordered an omelet which when served took up half the plate and was made with at least three eggs if not four.

     It doesn’t look like there was a lot to the sandwich but with inch thick slices of ham steak in turned out to be very filling. The ham steak was perfectly cooked, there were some crispy char spots, it was hot all the way through, and it wasn’t overly salty. The eggs came fried which is the way I like them in breakfast sandwiches. While they were cooked properly and tasted fine, I would have liked them to have been runnier because I love creamy taste of hot yolk. American cheese slices melted to the consistency of a cheese sauce which actually gave the sandwich the moisture it needed. My favorite part of the whole sandwich was the bread. It was just basic white bread but instead of just toasting it, they buttered it and grilled it on the flat top. There is no better tasting breakfast item then fried toast. It was the same taste that I get when I make eggs in a basket, my all time favorite breakfast.
Rating: Tasty – I’ll order this again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment