Thursday, March 18, 2010

Syracuse Sandwich: Julie's Diner's Breakfast Sandwich

Who: Julie's Diner What: Breakfast Sandwich
Where: Route 11, North Syracuse Phone: 452-0091 Website: None
Parking: Shared Lots Accepts Credit Cards: Yes Take-Out: Yes Delivery: No
     
     I love to sleep but I don't like to sleep in too late because it's a waste of time. I love daylight savings time but I hate that we have to spring ahead one hour. Sunday morning we woke up around what should have been 8:30 but it was actually around 9:30. By the time we were up and ready to go it was well past 11 and we needed breakfast. Julie's diner is my favorite place to go for breakfast next to Mother's Cupboard but that will be a post for another time. We arrived about 11:30 and the place was slamming, I assume due to the Sunday morning church crowd. There was a short line when we got in but there were two open spots left at the counter so we opted for those to get quicker service. On the referral from one Mr. Martin, I decided to have the breakfast sandwich. I appreciated the fact that they just list it as an egg sandwich and I can add stuff rather than having to remove things when ordering. I decided on fried eggs, cheese, and sausage on rye bread. Normally I'd go with bacon but I had a feeling that sausage was the way to go and boy was I right.

     I added an order of homefries to go with this sandwich because I love them. I got this meal for less than $5 which isn't easy to do when going to a sit down restaurant. The rye bread was grilled to pefection and the egg was cooked just right to go in a sandwich. Normally, I like my fried eggs over easy so I can poke the yolk and sop it all up with toast. This egg however was cooked to just under over hard so the yolk didn't run much but it wasn't completely solid. The cheese wasn't all the way melted which I liked because I didn't order a grilled cheese sandwich. As I stated before I was glad I picked the sausage. It came in patty form about a half and inch thick and it just had a great spice taste to it that good sausage normally has. I found myself enamored with this sandwich even though it wasn't anything special. Very basic ingredients put together very simply, but done so efficiently that I couldn't get over it.
Rating: Delicious - On any other day or if I were to get this again, I would probably go with tasty at best. But it isn't about what could have been, it was just delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment