Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Pastrami from home

     In an effort to not be entirely poor, I haven't been buying as many sandwiches as I was. I will try to grab a sandwich when I'm out to dinner but in the mean time I'll update each week with any sandwiches I make from home. This week's sandwich is pastrami on rye with swiss cheese and a smear of mayo.
     The ingredients for this sandwich were compiled between Wegmans and Spera's. The dark rye and the mayo were purchased at Wegmans but not the meat or cheese because I don't really care for their deli meat. I prefer to get my lunch meat at Spera's because they carry Boar's Head brand. Both the pastrami and swiss cheese are Boar's Head brand. If you have never had anything from Boar's Head, please stop what you are doing and go to the store. They make the highest quality deli meat and cheese you can find. I may venture out and try to find a bakery that has a better quality dark rye because Wegmans tastes too commercially baked. This was a good sandwich overall, but I'll try to find better bread and maybe use russian dressing in place of the mayo.

No comments:

Post a Comment