Monday, June 7, 2010

Syracuse Sandwich: Edgewater Grill's French Dip

Who: Edgewater Grill What: French Dip
Where: Oswego Street, Baldwinsville Phone: 638-3342 Website: Edgewater Grill
Parking: Shared lots Accepts Credit Cards: Yes Take-Out: Yes Delivery: No
     Christine and the girls from her bachelorette party were ending their day at the Edgewater Grill in Baldwinsville on Saturday and called to ask me if I wanted to join them. Naturally I said yes because it was a free meal so who cares if it is good or not. The girls were still a little loopy from their trip to wine country so it took us a while to get our order in. I haven’t been very enthused with the menu since they changed the name from Bluewater Grill but I was bound to find something. I looked at the sandwich menu and saw the French dip among other generic sandwiches. Some one else almost ordered it so I figured why not. I don’t know if I read the menu wrong or what but the sandwich came open faced which I didn’t expect. It wasn’t a huge problem but I love bread so roast beef piled on a single slice of bread was disheartening.
     The sandwich came with au jus and a horseradish sauce on the side to dip the beef into. There was only a half of a serving cup of au jus to use but it ended up being just enough because I dipped half of the beef in the horseradish sauce. The sauce had little kick to it because it had been thinned out with some sort of dairy based dressing. The beef tasted like warmed up lunch meat and it had sat out or in a bin because some parts started to get the oxidized discoloration that roast beef gets. By the time I got to the bottom of the pile of beef, the bread had become soggy and inedible. I couldn’t tell if the bread was the bottom to a ciabatta roll or not but I couldn’t eat it. There was a pickle spear and a side of fries that came to the restaurant frozen. As expected the menu didn’t impress but it was free so I guess I can’t complain too much.
Rating: Edible – I miss the days of the Bluewater Grill.

1 comment:

  1. Still loopy? Haha! I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your sandwich...my nachos were delicious!
    ~ Amber

    ReplyDelete