Monday, March 8, 2010

Syracuse Sandwich: Ruby Tuesday's The Ultimate Chicken Sandwich

Who: Ruby Tuesdays What: The Ultimate Chicken Sandwich
Where: Carousel Mall, Syracuse Phone: 466-1705 Website: Ruby Tuesdays
Parking: Shared Lots Accepts Credit Cards: Yes Take-Out: Yes Delivery: No

     After seeing Alice in Wonderland with my dad and Christine we decided to go down to Ruby Tuesdays for dinner. I have never been that impressed with their menu since they changed it along with their new modern decor. Their only main stay, the salad bar, is really the only thing I do like. But I had that just a few weeks ago and I was thinking sandwich because they have a pretty good selection of burgers and sandwiches. Now they do offer mini combinations which is two mini sandwiches and the salad bar but I wasn't feeling any of the choices. My intrest was peeked however by their Ultimate Chicken Sandwich. After reading the description: A large, all-natural chicken breast, grilled and topped with Havarti cheese, applewood smoked bacon, sliced avocado, and all the trimmings. With honey mustard dressing. I was intrigued. What it doesn't list here is that it is served on a pretzel roll, which peeked my intrest even more.

     This picture is terrible but I blame Ruby Tuesday's "mood" lighting. Now when naming anything with the word Ultimate, you better be bringing it because otherwise you'll look foolish. I wouldn't say this was the ultimate chicken sandwich but Ruby Tuesday's didn't look foolish because this was a good sandwich. I only had a few problems with the sandwich but something ultimate should have no flaws. First, the honey mustard and chicken juice mixed to make this very hard to handle and after a few bites I resorted to using a knife a fork to finish it. Second, the avacado slices weren't very fresh but seeing as it isn't spring yet I didn't expect them to be. Third, the chicken breast was indeed large leading me to believe most people won't be able to finish it. That is just poor cost management, you could serve pieces 30% smaller in size and serve it for the same price without anyone even saying boo. For those reasons I think Ruby Tuesdays needs to rethink the naming of their chicken sandwich.
Rating: Satisfying - This could be ultimate but it needs a few tweaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment