Saturday, February 13, 2010

Syracuse Sandwich: Zebb's Pastrami Special

Who: Zebb's What: Pastrami Special
Where: Kmart Plaza, Mattydale Phone: 455-5131 WebsiteZebbs
Parking: Shared lots Accepts Credit Cards: Yes Take-Out: Yes Delivery: No



     First we were on for dinner, then we were off. Minutes later we were on again, I wish people could make a decision and stick with it. I made a very good decision when I decided to try the special when we walked into Zebb's on Friday night. We arrived a little after 6p.m. and there was a short wait. It was okay because there were fresh cookies in the bakery and they were looking good. I knew that I had to get a sandwich...not a burger because burgers are NOT sandwiches, but that's a discussion for a different day. I looked at the menu and nothing really was looking review worthy on the menu as their burgers and wings are more what they are known for. Luckily there was a pastrami special and I knew that's what it had to be. 




     Okay this photo wasn't from Zebb's but I just got my memory card for my phone. However, this was a close as I could find on the 'net. Served with a side of gravy fries, this sandwich was exactly what I was looking for. The sandwich came toasted with mustard, swiss, and banana peppers. Banana peppers? I know I was surprised as well but they really complimented the sandwich. I took a few off because they went a little crazy with them. This was one of the best meals I have had in a while when going out to eat. I would highly recommend getting this if they have it because it isn't on the daily menu.
Rating: Tasty on the verge of Delicious....more meat and less peppers would have made this sandwich soar.

No comments:

Post a Comment