Friday, February 5, 2010

Syracuse Sandwich: Panera Bread's Napa Almond Chicken Salad

Who: Panera Bread What: Napa Almond Chicken Salad 
Where: Route 11, Cicero Phone: 458-9436 WebsitePanera Bread
Parking: Shared lots Accepts Credit Cards: Yes Take-Out: Yes Delivery: No


     We pulled into the parking lot that houses a few other businesses and when we saw two school buses from Mexico we knew we were in for some...fun. As we expected the place was absolutely mobbed with a bunch of twelve to sixteen year olds. But the line wasn't long so we regained some hope. I don't love Panera's food but their bread is very good. I decided for the sake of the blog to try something I have never had, the Napa Almond Chicken Salad. Despite all the children running around talking about Twilight and Myspace the guys behind the counter were able to produce our sandwiches in a timely manner. We took them home to save our sanity.
     I almost wish we stayed because I regretted my decision after the first bite. I don't claim to be a chicken salad expert but I'm pretty sure you're suppose to put some seasoning into the dressing. After a few dashes of salt and pepper, some taste returned. I know tomatoes are standard on sandwiches but they are not in season and won't be for a while, my mistake for not leaving them off I guess. The sesame white bread was the only thing saving this sandwich from the garbage. I could have eaten the bread with just butter. Hell, I could have eaten it by itself and I would have enjoyed it more. The pickle spear and chips that came with were good but didn't help save the sandwich.
Rating: Edible - Only because I loved the bread

No comments:

Post a Comment