Monday, March 8, 2010

Syracuse Sandwich: KFC's Original Recipe Snacker

Who: KFC What: Original Recipe Snacker
Where: Route 11, Cicero Phone: 699-4068 Website:
KFC
Parking: Yes Accepts Credit Cards: Yes Take-Out: Yes Delivery: No

     As stated before, our go to spots when we don't cook and need to eat fast are Panera or McDonald's. We just had Panera and McDonald's was given up for lent. So Thursday when I got home and didn't want to cook, I asked Christine what she wanted, and she replied that she wanted KFC's mashed potato bowl. I am a fan of the mashed potato bowl as well but for the sake of the blog, I had to go with a sandwich. Not thrilled with their choices, I went with a pair of snackers. The question was original or honey bbq. I knew I should have went with the bbq but I didn't because I really like their original recipe. We went through the drive-thru so we could eat at home. The second I opened the bag I realized this wasn't going to be good.


     The sandwiches were put together very sloppily with the bun barely holding on to the top. Taste always overides poor sandwich building so I thought things would get better, needless to say they did not. It seemed like somebody took a fistful of shredded lettuce and slammed it onto the chicken. Then it looked like they squeezed half a bottle of mayo on the bun just to make sure I couldn't hold all the pieces together. The chicken was good like I expected but the mayo had been so over peppered that I could barely taste the chicken. I think had I gotten the honey bbq, I would have been happier.
Rating: Edible - But not by much

No comments:

Post a Comment