Friday, July 23, 2010

Syracuse Sandwich: Sylvan Street Grille's Lobster Roll

Who: Sylvan Street Grille What: Lobster Roll
Where: Salisbury, MA Phone: 978-462-7919
 Website: Sylvan Street Grille
Parking: Yes Accepts Credit Cards: Yes Take-Out: Yes Delivery: No 
     This is the second installment of the special edition of Syracuse Sandwich. The second sandwich comes from Sylvan Street Grille in Salisbury, Massachusetts. The day after the concert we planned to stay the extra day to relax at the beach but weather had other plans. It began to storm pretty badly about two hours after we got there we decided to walk the shops, take a quick nap, and then head out and see a movie. The movie theatre was five minutes down the road in Massachusetts and had a few restaurants near by so we stopped by the one with a ton of cars in the parking lot thinking this must be the place to go. Luckily for us, we were totally right. The place has a huge dining room that surrounds and almost equally as large square bar. The menu and décor reminded me of Kirby’s. The menu was a total of ten pages long and had everything one could want to choose from. I hadn’t had lobster in a long while so when I saw the lobster roll on the menu I had to order it.
     For the second straight day I was surprised when my sandwich arrived, this time because of the shear amount of lobster packed into a New England style roll. Big chunks of tail and claw meat were lightly tossed in “dressing”, mayo and seasoning, and placed on shredded lettuce. This is such a basic sandwich but it tastes so good. If you’ve never had lobster you must go to the coast and have some fresh from even a shack like restaurant on the side of the road and you’ll want it whenever possible. My only issue was that the roll wasn’t lightly grilled on the out sides like I’ve had in the past. This is a very small issue and I only mentioned it because there may be a few lobster roll fans out there who could tell by the picture.
Rating: Delicious – There is NOTHING like lobster and if I’m in Salisbury ever again, I will be stopping by to get another one of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment