Friday, July 23, 2010

Turkey Pastrami from home

     I haven’t had any sandwiches from home for lunch lately because I’ve been on a soup kick as of late. This week however I have been enjoying turkey pastrami sandwiches with provolone cheese and mayo on white bread. Now this sandwich isn’t amazing by any means but it tastes pretty good for the basic ingredients that it’s made up of. The bread is regular white bread from Wegmans that I buy every week just to keep in the pantry. I have used my bread maker that I got for the wedding for some dishes I’ve made and I think I may start making sandwich bread because that would make this sandwich way better. The provolone is Wegmans brand as well and is okay as far as provolone cheese goes. The mayo is Hellman’s brand and should be the only brand anybody uses. The surprise to me at least comes from the pre-package turkey pastrami. If I recall it is Oscar Meyer brand but I’ll double check on that. Normally I don’t buy packaged meat because of the way it tastes but this wasn’t half bad. There was a lot of pepper that went into the curing process but I love pepper so this wasn’t an issue.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, this sandwich speaks to me .. a thing of perfection I'd say. I love all things sandwichy.

    Come to my blog and enter to win a $40.00 Gift Card from CSNStores.com. The odds are great since under 100 entries is usually about all I get on my blog. If you do, hope you win. Thanks, Keri

    ReplyDelete