Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Syracuse Sandwich: Subway's Turkey on Honey Nut Oat


Who: Subway What: Turkey on Honey Nut Oat
Where: Route 31, Cicero Phone: 69-6700 Website: Subway
Parking: Shared Lot Accepts Credit Cards: Yes Take-Out: Yes Delivery: No
     After a long and busy day with our system conversion at work, I knew I wasn’t going to cook so I gave in and picked up Subway on the way home because it is quick and one of the only businesses directly on my way home. I don’t really care for Subway because they use sub par ingredients. Even though they don't use the best ingredients, it is fast food after all so one can't expect much. When I entered there was a line of about 4 people but 2 of them had kids with them so they were getting multiple orders. The two people working moved pretty quickly and I was out in about 15 minutes. I decided to go with a basic turkey sub on their honey nut oat bread. I got shredded lettuce, onions, pickles and mayo to top it off.

     As I expected it wasn't an all time great sandwich but it did kill my hunger for a while. Like I said before they use sub par ingredients and you can tell with every bite. But in the situation I was in and being as tired as I was, I didn’t really care how it tasted. For a Subway sub I guess it was good but I think next time I’ll be stopping at Spera’s.
Rating: Edible - My fault for going there when Spera's is right down the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment