Monday, April 26, 2010

Cajun turkey from home


     I didn’t take my own advice and find a bakery to buy sandwich bread from. I gave Wegmans another shot and bought a loaf of their marble rye which I have had before. The marble rye at Wegmans is as close to deli style bread as you are going to get. It is a real shame because I love Wegmans for just about everything else. I waited until I got to Spera’s to buy the meat and cheese. Spera’s had a new kind of turkey breast but by the time I got there, they had sold out. No problem I said to myself, they carry a few different kinds of turkey so I went with the Cajun turkey breast by Boar’s Head. To compliment the Cajun turkey I bought some Boar’s Head provolone cheese.
     The provolone cheese had a very smooth milky taste that balanced well against the spiciness of the turkey. I’ve had the Cajun turkey before but not with provolone cheese. The two went well together along with a smear of mayo. Some lettuce and a tomato slice or two would have really made this sandwich complete. The bread wasn’t terrible but I still need to find a bakery where I can regularly buy sandwich bread from. Perhaps even some sandwich rolls…

No comments:

Post a Comment