Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Pastrami from home 2.0


     This is the second sandwich I made from home last week and much like the turkey sandwich it was disappointing. I love pastrami on rye with Swiss cheese but when you buy the ingredients from Wegmans, they just don’t compare to getting them at Spera’s.
     Since this was made with the same loaf of bread I made the turkey on I won’t go into it. The Swiss was also the same I used on the turkey so I won’t go into that either. I used mustard instead of mayo but that didn’t help make the sandwich any better. The pastrami was Wegmans brand and I thought it tasted good, not good enough to save the sandwich, but good. It had quite a bit of fat strung through it which kept getting caught in my teeth. It wasn’t a pleasant feeling to say the least. Like I said with the turkey, it was okay but I know I can do a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment