Monday, January 10, 2011

Sandwiches at home

     A couple of weeks ago during Sunday football, we decided to buy a bunch of stuff to make sandwiches. By doing this, people can choose what they want and how they want it. We bought ham, turkey, and roast beef along with provolone, cheddar, and American cheeses. Poppy seed rolls and regular bulk rolls served as the vessel to which the sandwiches be built upon. I made two different sandwiches; the first was ham with provolone and mayo on a poppy seed roll. That one turned our pretty good, the roll was bit dry so I took it a step further when I made the second one. 
     For the second one, I mixed turkey, ham, and roast beef in the middle, put a slice of cheddar on one side and a slice of provolone on the other. On the side with the cheddar I smeared on some mustard and did the same on the other side with the provolone only this time with mayo. All of this was in a poppy seed roll as well. I think this one turned out much better because of the extra moisture being on both pieces of the roll. I think next time I’ll add lettuce and maybe a thin tomato slice or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment