Wednesday, May 12, 2010

PB&J w/Honey from home


     Peanut Butter and Jelly is as American as apple pie and baseball. Everyone at one time or another has had a PB&J sandwich and most people enjoy them. I am one of those people so from time to time I will make one for lunch or dinner. There are many types of peanut butters, jellies, preserves, jams, and other spreads that could go on a PB&J sandwich so the possibilities are endless. One of my favorite variations is to add about a tablespoon or two of honey. The honey adds some sweetness to the sandwich and the way it hardens into the bread gives it a little crunch. I wanted PB&J but I also wanted just PB and honey. So I had both by making a triple decker sandwich.
     The construction went as follows: bread, PB, jelly, bread, honey, PB, bread. The filling to bread ratio was very one sided toward the bread but that comes with using just spreads to assemble a sandwich. You don’t need a lot of PB & jelly to fill you up so spreading a thin layer of both on the bread will be enough. I went a little crazy as you can see, but by the time I was done I was full and didn’t finish the rest of my lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment