Thursday, February 3, 2011

Peanut Butter double-decker from home

     After running out of soup, my normal lunch, I had to resort to a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. One sandwich won’t hold me over so I will either make a double-decker or two separate sandwiches. I decided to do a double-decker but instead of doing peanut butter and jelly in both parts, I changed it up a bit. The top part of the sandwich was just peanut butter and jelly but for the bottom I made my second favorite variation of a peanut butter sandwich, peanut butter and honey. To make a peanut butter and honey sandwich, you only need about two tablespoons of honey to how much ever peanut butter you need to make a thin layer on both pieces of bread. If you don’t “seal” each slice of bread with peanut butter, the honey will seep into the bread and start to harden. I actually prefer this to happen because I like a crunchy texture in my sandwiches. So the sandwich I made was layered as following: bread, pb, jelly, pb, bread, pb, honey, pb, bread. It seems like a lot of peanut butter but I only but a thin layer on each piece just to stop the jelly and honey from seeping into the bread. As usual some of the honey got into the crust of the bread but like I said before, I don’t mind. It was very filling and I was glad I didn’t make two separate sandwiches because there was no way I could have eaten another slice of bread. However, the honey flavor got lost because of the amount of jelly in the sandwich. Overall it was good but I don’t know if I’ll make it again. I guess I’ll have to make separate sandwiches in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment