Thursday, February 3, 2011

Peanut butter, banana, & honey from home

     About a week after my peanut butter double-decker experiment, I decided to try something else along the lines of peanut butter sandwiches. I made a peanut butter, banana, and honey sandwich. Some would argue that this is the official Elvis sandwich sans being pan fried in butter. Others, including my self would argue that bacon also needs to be added, but that it neither here nor there. I love peanut butter and honey and I had purchased some bananas so I figured why not try this concoction. I spread thick layers of peanut butter on both slices of regular white bread and drizzled them with a total of two tablespoons of honey. I put the slices together and placed the sandwich into a plastic container for transport. I didn’t add the banana right away because I wasn’t sure how it would fair after being cut up having to sit for a few hours. When I was ready to eat, I cut up about nine thick slices and added them to the peanut butter and honey. Surprisingly, it wasn’t overly banana tasting considering almost a whole banana was used. The honey gave the sandwich a sticky sweet taste that contrasted well with the tender sweetness of the banana. The peanut butter also brought a sweet taste but it was nothing compared to the banana or the honey. The nutty flavor and creamy texture go well with banana, so I understand why this is a popular sandwich. After reading more about the official Elvis sandwich I learned that he like the bananas to be mashed, this would make for easier spreading, a trick I will try in next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment