Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Grilled Ham and Cheese from.....work?

     The branch in which I work has a complete kitchen including a microwave, refrigerator, and oven. The oven especially comes in handy when I want to crisp something up like left over pizza or French fries. Nobody at the branch had utilized the stove top until recently when I wanted to make grilled ham and cheese for lunch. I had some left over ham from the pinwheels I made for Sunday football and I hadn’t had a grilled ham and cheese in a few years. So I packed up a pan, spatula, butter, ham, and American cheese. If you notice bread was not something I packed, I actually had to go back home to grab two slices of bread. Once I returned from my bread run I started on my sandwich. Spreading butter on both slices of bread as well as adding some to the pan is the key to getting the perfect golden brown. Before adding the butter, I put the ham in the pan to warm it up some. Once the ham started to brown in a few spots, I took it out of the pan and placed it on top of one of the bread slices. I topped that with a slice of cheese and the other slice of bread then placed all of that in the pan once the butter melted. The bread should only take a few minutes on each side to brown up and the cheese will be melted before the second side is done. Eating this sandwich brought me back to my childhood when my parents would make them for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment