Friday, October 29, 2010

Egg Salad from home

     Last week I made Christine some hard boiled eggs to go along with her breakfast in the morning but since I made almost a whole carton, I had enough to make egg salad. I’ve only made egg salad a handful of times but I think this latest attempt came out pretty close to the way I want it to. For one sandwich I used two hardboiled eggs and chopped them using an egg slicer both length and width wise. By doing this there should be small square/rectangle pieces of egg white and egg yolk. I mixed in a dash of salt and pepper, paprika, a tablespoon of mayo, and a tablespoon of yellow mustard. Once this was mixed, I put it in the fridge until I had to go to work. I brought white bread to work along with the mixture, the reason I didn’t make the sandwich at home was because it would be soggy by lunch time. The consistency was perfect, not too runny like you will find from most restaurants. The key to keeping it creamy and not runny is to cut down on the mayo and mustard. I found my sandwich has a little too much mustard taste so I think next time I will maybe use a teaspoon instead of a tablespoon. Also, a piece of lettuce or some chopped celery would have added a nice crunchy texture. I guess it is a work in progress but it still tasted great as it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment