Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Turkey on Sandwich Thins from home

    In an attempt to start eating healthier, I decided to forgo regular white bread for my turkey sandwiches that I had last week and try something new. Arnold’s brand makes something called Sandwich Thins which are essentially thin sandwich rolls. When I mean thin, I’m talking a third of the thickness of one slice of white bread per piece of bun. So one bun is just under a slice of bread in thickness which really cuts down on the fat, carbs, and calories compared to regular bread. They make a variety of flavors including honey wheat which is what I opted for. I piled Wegman’s brand 98% fat free turkey on to the bottom bun and topped it with a light spread of mayo and a slice on Wegman’s brand muenster cheese. All in all the flavors were good as they reminded me of the sub I will get if I have to go to Subway (something I try not to do because I hate them but that’s another story). I did find that I couldn’t use nearly as much meat as I do on a normal sandwich from home because the bun can barely contain more than just a few slices. I guess that’s another perk of buying these healthier pieces of bread. By the end of the week I decided that while I liked the Sandwich Thins, they just weren’t for me. I like my bread and since we only get so many years on this earth, I’m not wasting it eating “diet” bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment